About Cedar Rapids
Cedar Rapids is a vibrant city, encompassing unique attractions, exciting events, specialty shopping, a dynamic arts scene, and a cosmopolitan nightlife.
Want to learn more about what Cedar Rapids has to offer?
- Attractions for virtually any interest or age group
- Events that everyone will want to take part in
- Dining and nightlife options that rival cities like Chicago and Minneapolis
- First rate accommodations that offer class, comfort, and affordable prices
Request a Cedar Rapids Activities Guide. It's filled with itinerary ideas, fun events, great photos, maps, and much more.
As the second largest city in Iowa, Cedar Rapids is…
- The largest corn-processing city in the world
- The second largest producer of wind energy in the United States
- One of the leading manufacturing regions in the United States
- One of the leading bio-processing and food ingredient centers in North America
- One of a few cities in the world with government offices located on an island
Named All-American City in 2014. (Source: National Civic League, June 2014)
Named #4 Best Cities for Kids in 2014. (Source: Livibility.com, May 2014)
#30 Smartest City In America in 2013. (Source: Lumosity)
Cedar Rapids is ranked #1 in Iowa for Top 100 Best Places to Live and #30 in the nation in Livability.com's "Top 100 Best Places to Live" ranking. (Source: Livability.com, October 2014)
Cedar Rapids is ranked #9 for Top 10 Best Places to Retire 2013 in Livability.com's "Top 10 Best Places to Retire" ranking. (Source: Livability.com, November 2013)
Cedar Rapids is one of America's Best Cities on the Rise, according to Smarter Travel. We ranked #11 as an exceptional, up-and-coming destination offering more than meets the eye. (Source: Smarter Travel.com, September 2012)
Cedar Rapids is one of the Best Places for Business & Careers, according to Forbes magazine. Our city is ranked #33 out of the 200 largest metropolitan statistical areas in the U.S., based on cost of doing business, job growth, education, employment, housing and quality of life. (Source: Forbes.com, June 2012)
Cedar Rapids is one of Milken Institute's 2011 Best Performing Cities. We are ranked #13, up 15 spots from the previous year. This index ranks U.S. metropolitan areas by how well they are creating and sustaining jobs and economic growth. (Source: Milken Institute, December 2011)